To enhance the quality of life of people with a disability and their carers
Formed in 1987 by a small group of progressive parents seeking a better quality of life for their children, Creativity Inc has been supporting people with disability and their families for over 30 years. A dynamic and innovative not-for-profit organisation, Creativity Inc is a division of leading disability services provider, Northcott. Creativity Inc provides respite, community access, social and recreational services to around 250 people with disability living in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): How Creativity Inc is managing its services
Our main concern during this Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis is ensuring the safety and health of our clients and staff. We have therefore made some changes to the way that we operate our services. These changes are all guided by the latest information and advice from NSW Health and may change again, when updated advice and information is provided.
Creativity Inc is providing its usual services
Creativity Inc services are currently running broadly as usual, but we are taking added measures to keep our customers and staff safe. Our services include:
- Day programs
- Individual In-Home and Community Supports
- Group recreational and social programs
- Support Coordination
- Plan Management
Unfortunately services that are on-hold and will not currently be offered include:
- April 2020 School Holiday Program
- June 2020 Adult Camp
- Aboriginal Carers Group
- April 2020 Easter Show outing
New measures to ensure that you and our staff are safe
- We have introduced some additional measures to ensure that you and our staff are safe. We are minimising the number of people that come into our centres and office to those that are needed to provide services or carry out essential work.
- If you attend our programs or office, or we attend your home to deliver services, we will be asking you some safety screening questions before commencing service and will be asking you to comply with all hygiene practices and recommendations that are in place. This will be a condition of Creativity Inc providing service.
- We are reviewing how some services – such as going out into the community and group activities – are provided following the NSW Health guidelines around social distancing, avoiding large gatherings and crowds, and ensuring that people are not sharing food and drink. You will see changes to our group and day program activities as a result of this. Risk assessments are being completed to determine if a program or activity needs to be modified or cancelled.
- We will continue to provide services outlined, but they may continue to be modified in some ways. If you have any concerns, you can discuss this with our staff.
- All clients will be emailed an adapted program on Friday 20th March which will outlines what alternate activities will be offered by Creativity Inc. Until further notice this will be sent on a monthly basis.
- We will also be increasing our infection control practices across all services, cleaning in our offices and centres, ensuring that there is frequent hand-washing and other hygiene measures as outlined in previous emails sent. Around our centres there are posters, visuals and social stories for staff and clients to refer too.
Please give as much notice as you can to cancel a service
We understand that you may need to cancel your service due to illness or other reasons, but we ask you give us as much notice as possible.
As Creativity Inc is continuing with regular services, the usual cancellation rules still apply as per your service agreement. This is because we still have to roster and pay staff for those services unless we have 48 hours’ notice.
If you are cancelling your attendance in a group program, we may still be able to provide support as a 1:1 individual shift (in-home or in-community) as an alternative if that is a better option for you.
If you would like to request 1:1 services and no longer attend group programs at this time, please speak to your Coordinator to discuss this option. Please consider the impact this may have on your current NDIS package and funding available. You may need to speak with your LAC.Please also be patient, it may also take some time for Creativity Inc Coordinators to process your request and confirm the date the 1:1 link can begin based on staff availability. This is a difficult time for all and we are working as hard as we can to meet your needs and requests with the resources we have available.
On any 1:1 service when deciding what the shift routine will be, please ensure the activity meets the NSW Health guidelines to ensure the safety of both the client and our staff.
We know that people with disability are often more vulnerable to illness than the general community. Good hygiene practices will help you to remain healthy during this crisis:
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after an activity, including your service with Creativity Inc and prior to and after eating. Wash for at least 20 seconds (if you sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to yourself twice, this is 20 seconds). If soap and water is not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub (sanitiser).
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Avoid handshakes, kissing and other physical contact wherever possible.
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing. Use a clean tissue and dispose of it afterwards, or cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Stay home if you are sick and make an appointment with your doctor if needed. You can also call the Health Direct Line on 1800 020 080.
- Limit the number of visitors to your home.
- Avoid large crowds of people.
- Practise social distancing.
- Have your annual flu vaccination (unless your doctor advises against this).
If you suspect you have Coronavirus
Symptoms of Coronavirus range from mild flu-like symptoms (such as fever, headache, coughing, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath) to pneumonia.
Some people will recover easily, while others may get very sick, very quickly. If you are sick and think you have symptoms of COVID-19, seek medical attention.
Contact your doctor or the Coronavirus Health Information Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 1800 020 080.
- Browse the NDIS Easy Read Coronavirus fact sheet
- Read the Australian Government Coronavirus (COVID-19) fact sheet
- Visit the NSW Health webpage on Coronavirus
- Read the Australian Government COVID-19: Identifying the Symptoms fact sheet
Make a Donation
Creativity Inc is dedicated to improving the lives of individuals with a disability. Your donation will help us to enhance the quality of life of people with a disability and their carers.
We are incredibly grateful to the many individuals, families, communities and organisations across Australia who generously support our work.
All donations are tax deductable.
Creativity Inc is a trusted provider of quality individual and group programs.
Why not contact us today and find out for yourself why we have so many happy, satisfied clients?