The NDIS provides people with disability, choice and control over their lives and the supports they receive.
Creativity Inc’s Plan Ready Workshops are now complete – some of the participants and families who attended these workshops have now transitioned into the NDIS and have begun implementing their NDIS First Plan. Here is a list of services they have requested with Creativity Inc:
HAVE YOU PREPARED FOR YOUR NDIS PLANNING MEETING?
Do you need more information?
If you need more support, contact us on 9311 9200 or email your coordinator.
The NDIS planning meeting could be a pivotal moment in your life. Here are some hints and tips to help:
- Start today- the Every Australian Counts website is a great place to start: http://www.everyaustraliancounts.com.au/wp-content/uploads/NDIS-Planning-Workbook.pdf
- Get the paperwork done early– it’s a good idea to fill in your planning workbook well before you go into your first meeting: Creativity Inc Pre-Planning Workbook
- Write a list or keep a diary– think about your day-to-day reality; what are the barriers you encounter every day that make life harder than it could be?
- Think big- it’s an opportunity to think outside the box and ask for supports that will really make a difference
- Be specific about what you need and want, what your goals are, and how you want to live your life
- Learn the language – there is a whole world of NDIS jargon to get your head around; terms like funded supports, planners, centre-based service and support plan, to name a few.
- Get all your documents ready –current service hours and support requirements, medical certificates, allied health reports etc
- Take someone with you– you don’t have to go through this process alone. Take a family member, friend, support worker or advocate. They can help you to make sure you aren’t forgetting anything important and can assist with explaining your situation in your NDIS planning meeting.
- Think about how you want the finances in your plan to be managed so you can be prepared when this is discussed in your meeting
- The NDIS changes everything because it guarantees you all the reasonable and necessary supports that you need to help reach your goals in life. The NDIS will transform disability services, and it’s for life.